Question about Acer Computers & Internet
Can you ping youtube.com? open command prompt and just type "ping www.youtube.com" and hit Enter
if you are successful in pinging, it should display the IP. try replacing the IP for the domain name in the URL for a youtube video and see if you can access it this way.
check your HOSTS file... it can contain auto-forwards for specific domains; i don't know why youtube would be in there but it could be. it's a txt file and it's found in (/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/) folder. if there's a reference to youtube.com or www.youtube.com or something just put a semicolon at the beginning of the line and then save the file... afterward try youtube.
disable all non-microsoft services and startup in the System Configuration Utiilty and then restart the computer.. there could be a conflict with something running on your computer, including some "always-on" component of your security software.
1. choose Start->Run and type in "msconfig" in the dialog and click OK or hit Enter.
2. go to the Startup tab and record all unselected items ( or all that are selected if it's fewer; if everything's selected just skip this step)
3. on the Startup tab, click the Disable All button
4. on the Services tab, select the "Hide all microsoft services" check box
5. click disable all
6. Click OK and then restart now.
7. when you get booted back up, you will then be able to determine if a conflict exists between one of those startups/services for some reason
also, try creating a new admin user account in windows and try it there with both browsers... there could be some weird or damaged setting you have which is preventing you access.
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2014 | Dryers
Sep 18, 2014 | Hotpoint FFS70 Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Nov 25, 2011 | 2003 Dodge Neon
Oct 04, 2010 | UltraLast For HP Pavilion DV6000 and 2000...
Jul 08, 2009 | 1995 Lincoln Town Car
Mar 04, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed LiteLine 6100...
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: