Can you see it in "My Computer"? It will show under "Removable Drive/Storage"QUESTION TWO:
Double click the removable drive to open the folders. Can you see your
music, photo and movie folders?QUESTION THREE:
Can you see the player in Coby Manager - under the "DEVICE" tab?QUESTION FOUR:
When disconnected from the computer, how long can you listen to the Coby player before it goes off?If not present
in My Computer or in Coby Manager/Device Tab, then it is not plugged in correctly.
a. Disconnect the player from the computer.
b. Wait for it to cycle through "Please Wait" and "Updating Library" screens.
c. Make sure the player is TURNED OFF
d. With player TURNED OFF
, reconnect wire to the player then to the computer.
e. You will see a USB
connector icon on the player screen
and the player charging.
It will appear to be charging
all the while it is connected to the computer.
After it has been plugged into the computer for an hour, it should be well charged unless the battery is completely run down. In that case, you need to do an initial 8 hour
charge - with the coby player OFF -
through the computer. (This one got me when I first got my player!)
f. Use the Coby Manager
to disconnect the player (Found HERE CobyMedia Manager fix for MP822
1. Open Coby Manager
2. Go to the DEVICE TAB
3. CLICK on EJECT Button in lower right hand corner.
4. It will have a pop-up screen to ask "Do you want to eject?" Click YES.
5. The second pop-up screen will tell you "The device can now be safely removed
from the system."
6. Disconnect the player from the computer.
7. The Coby will now show "Please Wait..."
8. It will take the Coby about 10 minutes on the "Please Wait" screen and then on the "UPDATE the
Library" screen - Be PATIENT
You should now have enough battery power to use it. To check the battery level,
1. Turn on the player
2. The battery icon is in the upper right hand corner of the screen - it is ALWAYS RED
until it starts to go down... I've not had mine down very far, but believe the red line gets shorter as the battery is wearing down.
Hope this helps.