Question about IBM ThinkPad T43 Notebook
Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop
using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is
defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite P205d-s8802 P200-1D0...
Jul 21, 2012 | IBM ThinkPad T43 Notebook
Oct 23, 2010 | Dell 0Y3740 Keyboard
Jul 20, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad T42 Notebook
Apr 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 12, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad T20 2647 Notebook
Nov 28, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad T43 Notebook
Aug 07, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad T43 Notebook
Apr 14, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad T43 Notebook
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: