Question about Microsoft Computers & Internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
to repair it you need to install autorun eater.
download here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Autorun-Eater.shtml
install and it will scan.
also suggested to install avira, bitdefender or mcafee(trial also work).
restart: press f8 you will enter safe mood. in the safe mood you will see a icon on your taskbar name by mcdonald(the autorun eater software. right click and selct repair task manager, right click again selecr repair regedit and do the same thing select repair folder option.
after that wait untill about 30 minutes(autorun eater to finish scan)
to repair other like no desktop icon download the repair utilities here:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
reinstall using ac power cord
with cd in drive restart pc
then follow instructions when asked to delete partion you want to delete follow instructions
let me know
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
Do you have a Windows CD that came with your computer? If so do you know how to boot from it by inserting it into the drive and then pressing F12 just after you switch on your PC? If you can do this then you could try the "repair" option from Windows Setup, this might fix your missing PC problem.
Posted on May 17, 2009
If the ntoskrnl.exe file is corrupt or missing this can also generate the error. To restore this file follow the below steps.
1. Insert the Microsoft Windows XP CD. Note: If you have a recovery CD or a restore CD and not a Microsoft Windows XP CD it is likely the below steps will not resolve your issue.
2. Reboot the computer, as the computer is starting you should see a message to press any key to boot from the CD. When you see this message press any key.
3. In the Microsoft Windows XP setup menu press the R key to enter the recovery console.
4. Select the operating system you wish to fix, and then enter the administrator password.
5. Type expand d:\i386\ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\windows\system32
6. You will then be prompted if you wish to overwrite the file type Y and press enter to overwrite the file.
7. Type exit to reboot the computer.
Posted on Feb 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 13, 2011 | Sun Computers & Internet
Oct 06, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 29, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
May 04, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Nov 28, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
May 11, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Jan 27, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Oct 04, 2017 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Sep 13, 2017 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
596 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!