Question about GE JGBP80 Gas Kitchen Range
F1 touch pad / ERC test
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Oct 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2014 | Ovens
Nov 30, 2010 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Apr 22, 2010 | Kenmore 30172 / 30174 / 30179 Gas Single...
Nov 27, 2009 | Kenmore 63682 / 63684 / 63689 Microwave...
Sep 23, 2008 | Jenn-Air JES9800A Electric Kitchen Range
Feb 17, 2008 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Apr 04, 2007 | Jenn-Air JES9800AAS Electric Kitchen Range
Mar 19, 2007 | Raymarine ST6001 S1G Hydraulic GPS...
152 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!