Question about Computers & Internet
Please just follow the steps to change your router's password.
1. Open your Internet browser, type the address of the router into the URL address bar, and open it. The address is typically in the form of 192.168.X.X. This is the local network address.
2. Enter the account name and password to open the router setup utility.
3. Navigate through the setup utility until you find the screen that will let you change the password. You will need to enter the old password to change it.
4. Decide on a new password that has good security to a hacker. The best password is more than 8 characters and uses both lower case and upper case letters and numbers. Some will allow you to use special characters also. Do not make the password anything that can be found in a dictionary or any date of significance.
5. Enter the old password in the change password page of the router. When prompted then enter the new password. You will be asked to enter it twice to confirm that the correct password is entered.
6. Immediately, record the new password in some secure location that you can find if you forget it.
7. Confirm the password change on the router page and log off the router. To check the information and that the router has been setup correctly with the new password, open the router address in the browser again and log in with the new information. If you are able to log in, you have successfully changed the password.
Have a great day.
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2016 | Cell Phones
Feb 11, 2015 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Feb 27, 2014 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Mar 02, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jan 09, 2012 | Linksys WRT120N Wireless Router
Oct 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 18, 2010 | Linksys WRT54GP2A-AT Router (WRT54GP2AAT)
Sep 26, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 17, 2008 | Alcatel Speed Touch Home Modem
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!