Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
I lost my administrative password and now I can't log in as an administrator. I cant download anything because the others accounts have parental controls!
There are so many ways to solve the problem.but i`ll show the only one and safest
We do it manually. turn on your computer.
while your computer trying to open press del or f2 to make first boot device from the bios.when your bios comes change the first boot device to cd /dvd.. drive.(if you dont know email me i`ll say)now we are going on.after cd loaded ,follow the steps:
1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
Posted on May 19, 2008
If you really want to unlock just give me a chat call and follow the procedure........definitely you will be able to unlock the administrator password ..the procedure includes a pen drive on which we will install image so that it can get information from the windows partition...........
Thanks and Regard
Posted on May 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on May 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 14, 2011 | Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Notebook
Jan 01, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Aug 15, 2010 | Apple eMac Desktop
Sep 01, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
May 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 03, 2008 | Computers & Internet
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: