a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try using Windows Explorer instead to transfer files and see if that works: Plug in the device to the computer making sure it is detected. Right click START button and select Explore. Scroll down the left panel to the device entry. It should be the drive listed after your DVD/CDROM drive. Click the (+) next to the entry to expand the folders. Find the folder where the Mp3's are stored. Now you can simply drag/drop the files from your PC into your player.
You have a file error: a system file may be missing or you have a format error on the SHOQBOX.
To fix this problem:
1. Connect the SHOQBOX to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
2. Plug your SHOQBOX into a wall outlet with the supplied AC adapter.
3. Launch the Device Manager at Start->Programs->Philips->Philips->PSS110 (or the model number of your SHOQBOX) on your PC.
* IMPORTANT: All music & content of your SHOQBOX will be erased once the factory setting is restored.
4. A dialogue box will pop up; click Restore and OK to confirm and start restoring the unit to its factory setting.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restoration.
6. The Device Manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed.
7. Transfer a couple of songs into your SHOQBOX to confirm if the SHOQBOX has fully recovered all the files.
8. Close all opened applications and safely remove your SHOQBOX by clicking on the icon on your Windows task bar tray.
9. When prompted, ?The USB Mass Storage Device can now be safely removed from the system?, click OK and unplug your SHOQBOX.
10. Your player will display ?UPGRADING FIRMWARE?? once disconnected from the computer.
11. After firmware upgrade is complete, it will reset itself, showing the PHILIPS splash screen.
12. Press to switch on the player again.
CONTROL PANEL - ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS - COMPUTER MANAGEMENT - DEVICE MANAGER - PORTABLE DEVICES. Then you should see your mp3 icon. Click it and see if you can see the content, if not LEFT CLICK and try unable and able several times. My problem was solved when repeated this last part and now l can transfer music to my gogearspark which also didnt show on my pc at first. Good luck.
Make sure you have the correct version of Musicmatch and that you had installed the provided plugin for the PSS. I personally tried several hours of uninstalling and reinstalling everything until i get it to work.
Try "Pandora's Shoqbox" instead of musicmatch. If you don't like it or doesn't work you can also try Shoqbox buddy.
ive got the new version of the sony sonic stage downloaded onto my laptop,and when i plug my player into my laptop via usb cable,the player itself is recognized straight away as a harddrive/removable disk etc,and you have to transfrer music onto the player as from sonic stage music library,and you also have to creatate you own music library via sonic stage,and u can also transfer music from your own music library wich you use via windows media player,and also u can transfer a cd into you sony sonic stage music libraty,and this is similar to when your using the windows media player as to rip a cd or transfer music onto an mp3 player,as i use all diffrent types of mp3 players myself,and i find the archos gmini sx 202 player to be pretty awesome player,as ive got to of them as well,and i use windows media player as to transfer music files onto them,and i cannot transfer any music files onto the sony ones via windown media player as those music file wont show up on the player at all,and ive tried this myself,and it will only work via sony sonic stage.
This problem is usually due to using Windows Explorer or My Computer to transfer files. Although you can use the player as a removable drive, it will not recognise any music tracks transfered in this way. The HDD060 & 070 series have a database of tracks which is read by the player on startup. The player does not scan the drive.
To transfer tracks you need to use the Musicmatch Jukebox software on the product CD. Musicmatch updates the database when transfering music tracks.
This software is not compatible with Windows Vista, or Windows Media Player 11. If you have Media Player 11 you will need to uninstall version 11 to roll back to version 10.
If you are already using Jukebox, the problem may be the way the software is recognising the player. The HDD060 & 070 series show up both as "Removable Drive n:" (Where n can be any drive letter) and "GoGear".
If Musicmatch Jukebox is recognising the player as "Removable Drive n:" then go into the Musicmatch Options, and look for the Devices option or tab. Click the drop down menu next to the "Removable Drive n:" entry and select "GoGear".
The tracks you have already tried to transfer are actually on the player, so you will need to run the Philips Device Manager form the product CD and Restore the player, to free up this space.