Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Hi E71 error code is listed as this fault
E71: Dashboard Error - Error within Xam.xex: possibly a dashboard update error, Check below in the "Console Reset Codes" for instructions. If that does not work there is no other solution and the console must be sent back to MS for repair
try using both of these reset procedures below to solve the problem, you may lose some game data so you need to bare that in mind.
if the below methods dont work then the chances are it has over heated and you will get the dreaded red ring of death.
if you look at the display where the on button is let me know how many lights you have as this is also an error code.
Clear All Installed Game Updates and Console Cache
1. Go to the "system" blade
2. Select "memory"
3. Press Y on the HD symbol
4. Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X
5. A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"
6. Select Yes
Clear Any Failed system updates that cause the console to error.
1. With the console off, press and hold the sync up button (the small white one)
2. While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console
3. Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.
4. During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.
let me know how you get on ok
plz rate this solution as i have a whole page of unrated posts, thanks
Posted on Sep 16, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
on Mar 25, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jun 01, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade
Dec 04, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Sep 29, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jul 15, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jul 02, 2008 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
362 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!