Question about Garmin GPS
to reload your maps, you can reset the map or install web updater by following the below steps:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB.
2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 "
3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults).
4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
To reset your Gps, follow the below steps:
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
Posted on Sep 16, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Feb 24, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 200 Car GPS Receiver
May 21, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200 Car GPS Receiver
May 16, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Apr 09, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Jan 21, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Jan 11, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Mar 23, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Feb 01, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Nov 19, 2017 | Garmin GPS
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: