Belling Microwave Problem
Apparently this one has a mechanical timer. That lack of electronic controls does lessen the complexity.
I don't know about the specific regulations concerning British / EU microwaves, but I'm sure there's a fuse inside.
In most cases, just replacing a blown fuse will not be the cure, unless one finds the reason it blew. What made it fail (if it did) is the real question. Loose fuse holder allowed excess heat? Shorted component or wiring?
Or, is there a failure in the mechanical timer that's causing an open circuit connection? That can certainly happen.
Also, a door switch may have failed. This is most commonly caused by opening the door while it's cooking, instead of turning the oven off first.
I would suggest you contact Belling service:
Oct 11, 2006 |
Belling BIM60 Microwave Oven