Upon installing this God-forsaken Kate application last night while
lying down in bed, I realized that my touch screen wouldn't respond in
all programs other than the home screen.
Holy ****. My iPhone died.
Long story short, I came here, saw your thread, and was about to post
another "My iPhone died, plz help omgz" thread but I actually fixed the
problem. Here we go:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer, preferably removing the Dock so you can actually hold the phone comfortably.
2. Get on your home screen and find the Kate application icon.
3. Click and HOLD this icon until all icons begin squiggling around the screen.
4. Hopefully your "Kate" icon has an "X" on the top left corner of it,
which is there to delete or uninstall the application. Click this.
5. Kate will ask you if you would like to uninstall or delete...go
ahead and click Uninstall, then it will give you a set of instructions
on how to uninstall, and also a 2nd uninstall button you'll have to
6. Leave your iPhone plugged in and on this last menu, and just set it
down on the table. After a minute or two, my phone randomly synced
again with my computer, and the phone was back to normal again.
Pay attention here...if you uninstall the program through installer
WITHOUT unchecking all of Kate's settings through the program itself,
your phone will still be messed up as far as fonts and other things go.
Hope this helps, and I'll be around to answer any questions.
May 11, 2008 |
Apple iPhone Smartphone