Question about Krups Fresh Aroma 625 Coffee Maker
Cleaning the Machine
- Never wash your espresso machine accessories in the dishwasher.
After use, the water container must be emptied.
• Drip tray
This must be emptied after using the appliance by taking off the grid See figure (19)below. If several espressos are being prepared one after the other, the drip tray should be emptied from time to time (about once every 7 - 8 espressos). The presence of water is normal and does not signify a leak. If necessary, clean the drip tray and its grid with water and a little non-abrasive washing-up liquid, rinse and dry. When reassembling the machine, ensure that the plastic lining is in the right place See figure (20) below.
• The brewing head, the filter basket and the filter holder
These must be cleaned after each use. All you need to do is wipe a damp cloth over the brewing head of your appliance and to wash the other accessories in water and a little non-abrasive dishwashing liquid, rinse and dry. If the brewing head is heavily clogged up, unscrew the grid using a coin, clean it and refit it, pressing down firmly See figure (21)below.
When your espresso machine is not being used, do not leave the filter holder in the appliance to prevent wear on the gasket.
• The cup warming plate: remove this to clean it with water and a little non-abrasive dishwashing liquid, rinse and dry.
• The cappuccino accessory
For more thorough cleaning the cappuccino accessory can be dismantled from the appliance.
Descalling (SIC) is necessary to keep your espresso machine running efficiently.
• As a result descaling of your espresso machine should be done fairly frequently
with citric or tartaric acid.
• Use caution when descaling your espresso machine as the acid substance within the descaling powder may damage countertops or any other surface it comes in contact with.
However, we would advise you to use the reference solution as W F054 that is available from Krups. Descaling depends on the hardness of the water, but also on the frequency of use.
To descale, follow the following method:
• Unscrew the grid from the brewing head of the appliance and clean it See figure (21)below.
• Dissolve a packet of KRUPS descaling solution in 17 oz1510 ml of lukewarm water and pour the whole batch into the empty water container.
• Place a container under the brewing head. Run through about 1/3 of the liquid immediately, setting the selector to the position See figure (9)below.
• Stop the appliance, leaving the position See figure (9)below engaged and wait for 10 - 15 minutes to allow the descaler to take effect.
• Next, start the machine again and allow the rest of the liquid to run through.
• Then rinse with two water containers of fresh water and replace the grid on the head of the appliance (see section on “Cleaning the machine”).
The warranty does not include espresso machines that do not function, or do not function properly, because descaling has not been carried out.
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
Thanks for the above: exactly what I was looking for. However, the water quantity should read 17 oz/510 ml not 17 oz1510 ml.
Posted on Feb 17, 2011
I am having the same problem - instruction manual says the same thing as the Krups website which doesn't mention how much water to use. It does say to have a container that will hold 40 oz. on the drip tray so I thought that might be a clue. But also found a pdf online for a different kind of Krups coffee machine that says dissolve it in 8 oz. of water - for heaven's sake, can't Krups skip the treasure hunt and go straight to the bonus round and give the instructions for their own product that they "highly recommend" you use? (never mind the 5 wks. it takes to get it...)
Posted on Nov 09, 2008
I actually found the anticalc instructions in the manual that accompanied my machine. If you don't have the original manual for your machine, you might be able to find it at http://www.krupsusa.com/Consumer+Services/Product+Support/Manuals/Use+Intructions.htm . Good luck!
Posted on Sep 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2015 | Krups Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
May 22, 2010 | Krups FME2 Coffee Maker
May 08, 2010 | Krups XP4030 Espresso Machine
Jul 25, 2009 | Krups XP 4050 Espresso Machine
Jun 05, 2009 | Krups ProAroma 453-71 Coffee Maker
Sep 07, 2008 | Krups Orchestro Dialog FNF2 Espresso...
Jan 19, 2008 | Krups Orchestro 889 Espresso Machine
13,170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: