Question about Televison & Video
On my dual tv the DVD goes crazy. When I turn the DVD player on it does nothing. Just sits there and then the whole tv turns off after about fifteen seconds. Any suggestions?
First a few informationsl points, then a question or two.
1) Upon startup, the unit will attempt to get to a "known state". This usually uinvolves miving the optics to a home position close to the center of the disc.
2) The optics will attempt to determine whether or not a disc is in the unit.
1) Do you hear any activity inside the set at all?
2) Is there a standby light that blinks at all or just shuts off?
3) You should hear the high voltage kick in for the TV portion as well. Do you hear this?
We are trying to determine where in the startup process, the set is stopping. That will help to figure out which circuit is failing and causing the set to shutdown.
Please update this and we'll attempt to resolve this. Also, please supply the make and model as that will alow me to give you specifics.
Posted on May 19, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2011 | Televison & Video
Feb 24, 2011 | Televison & Video
Dec 21, 2009 | Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
Dec 10, 2009 | Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
Dec 05, 2009 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Apr 21, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 12, 2008 | Televison & Video
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!