Question about Epson Stylus CX8300 Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One
One possible solution that we can advice is to do a complete trash & reinstallation of printer driver as well as the scanner driver.
For iMac with Leopard, there is a big possibility that the printer driver is not the correct epson series printer driver that's why you can't ink levels is unavailable. Just to set an expectation, printer driver for CX4800 is pre-installed as resident driver in Leopard. Please try to the following to solve that issue:
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window, click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the correct driver.
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by clicking on the minus (-) button under the list of printers. Click OK to confirm the removal.
3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
4. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
5. Turn on the printer. The system should add the printer automatically.
6. If the system does not add the printer or if it adds it using the Gutenprint driver, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Leopard.
NOTE: To check ink levels, click the Utility button, then click EPSON StatusMonitor. The Supply Levels button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
If you have carried out 4 to 5 head cleans, waited about 8 hours and done another 3 or head cleans doing nozzle checks after each clean (as recommended by the manual) and there is still no improvement then you will need a third party head cleaning solution such as this one:
Other makes & brands are available just google "inkjet head cleaning solution" Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
Here is the support page for the Epson CX8300.
Epson CX8300 Support
Click on the "Drivers & Software" link.
On the left side of the page that opens will be the drop-down menu to select your operating system.
Thanks for using Fixya. If you have any problems, just use the Comment button.
Posted on May 19, 2009
if you lost your epson printer installation disc your can still acquire a copy from the site of the product manufacturer heres the link:
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2014 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 18, 2013 | Epson Stylus CX8300 Printer
Mar 31, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX8300 Printer
Nov 25, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX8300 Printer
May 25, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX8300 Printer
May 19, 2009 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
Apr 23, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX8300 Printer
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!