Question about Canon Pixma MP990 InkJet Printer
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: blinking light
The blinking light indicates a failure of the print job which can occur for a couple of reasons.
1. empty ink cartridge. Ig you take it to a local walgreens they will perform a test for you free of charge.
2. Go to control panel, then printers, then click on the printer you have installed. check for print jobs pending and delete all of them,
4. Right click on the same icon and go to properties, there you will find a maintanence area look for a troubleshooting area and follow the procedures.Let me know how it turns out..Be mucho blessed..Mark
Posted on Jun 28, 2008
Driver could be corrupt.
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
1. Turn off the printer ( "Power" button).
2. Hold the button "Resume", include printer (click "Power").
3. Hold the "Power" button, release the button "Resume" (power indicator / preparedness must turns green)
4. Not releasing the "Power" button, double click "Resume" and release both buttons
-- each time you click "Resume" power indicator / willingness to change color (one-click - yellow, the second hitting - green). U printers with more than one indicator - indication switches (power indicator / preparedness - green indicator error - yellow)
-- after the buttons are released, power indicator / preparedness will be for some time to blink green (Stamford time depends on the printer model), and then the green light permanently
-- If after these actions instead of constantly burning green printer continues to display error, or you are mistaken in paragraphs 1-4 (turn off the printer and repeat with paragraph 1), or if additional printer error that must be corrected, or it will not go down to a service mode.
5. Four times click "Resume" (each time you click "Resume" power indicator / willingness to change color, and the printers with more than one indicator - indication switches: the willingness / error).
6. Once you click "Power" to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber). To disable the printer "Power" button to click again.
For some printers (for example, iP2000) to switch off clicking "Power" again, that is three in a row.
Posted on May 08, 2010
Testimonial: "worked after 2 attempts. THANKS !!!"
It sounds like you have an electronic problem, it is most likely a faulty scanner or logic board. although a faulty print head can take out a logic.check that there is no burning smell or damage evident on the underside of the print head before trying a logic.
the machine will require disassembly and parts replacement.
Posted on Aug 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2017 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 21, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Aug 16, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP990 InkJet Printer
Jun 19, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 18, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 20, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 27, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 05, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 03, 2007 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: