Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Adapter I have an older tv with only one connection on the back. is there a 3 pronged adapter i can buy to make this work?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

Is the inside of the plug on your tv yellow? If so, then you can only connect the tv using a composite cable, which means it needs to receive a composite connection. In your case, you've probably got a dvd player that you're trying to hook up using component (red green and blue cable). Unfortunately, you can't just reduce a component to composite, so there aren't any plain old adapters that will work and converters are pricey.

Do you have a composite (single yellow connector) or your dvd player? If you're not sure, post the Manufacturer and Model # of your dvd player.

If you have composite out on the player, that's how you will have to hook it up. if you don't have a single composite cable, just use one of the connections from the component cable. Just remember to use the same color on both ends.

Posted on May 16, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the model number and where do I put it in online to get the correct service manual?

If it does not have a regular 3 line cable connector on back of tv screen you need to buy an adapter for it. I know most of the TV's I have including a older flat screen they have the HDMI connection or the 3 cable connection with yellow,white,red connections on back of tv for these older devices. Rich

Jan 13, 2015 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

How do hook my tv to cable

If you don't have the male end on the tv itself, go to radio shack, best buy, etc and pick up an adapter. One end has two prongs that screw to the back of the tv where you would attach the prongs of 'rabbit ears' antenna. The other end of the adapter has the male end that screws into the cable.

Oct 28, 2014 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I am using the three prong adapter that came with my ps3 but it isn't working on the tv I'm currently using. Does this have something to do with the tv or with the cable?

It could be the adapter, and could very well be the tv. try getting another adapter and if it dose the same thing it the tv and you can just take back the adapter.

Aug 14, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console

1 Answer

My dryer's power cord has 4 prongs, my wall socket has 3 holes, can I change the power cord, or is there an adapter to change from 4 to 3 pronges.

Un screw the 2 hex screws from the back of the dryer where the cord goes in.

There will be 3 screws that connect the cord to the dryer, loosen or remove them to remove the 4 prong cord.

A hardware store will carry the 3 prong cord you need, tell them it is for a dryer.

Re-connect the 3 prong cord to the dryer.

Plug in and test after you have installed the new cord.

Jan 02, 2011 | Asko T701 Electric Dryer

1 Answer

I am trying to hook up my Philips 19PR19 (made in 1998) tv to the dish network receiver, it has 3 prongs diff. colors attached and the cable cord is already to go in the wall...I don't see anywhere on the...

Because your TV is an older one, it might not have, what they call RCA inputs (the 3 colored cable) Red-audio right, White-audio left, Yellow-video. If I understand you.

You do have the option of using the 75-ohm coaxial cable inputs. Signal comes in from outside to the 722k, Output of the 722k to the 75ohm coax input on the back of the TV. Tune your TV to ch. 3 or 4. Make sure the switch on the back of the 722k is set to the same.

If you really want to use the RCA colored cables, then you need to buy an RF modulator, which integrates older tv's to newer products. But usually dvd players, not necessarily cable boxes, but it would work if hooked up correctly.

You plug the RCA red, white and yellow from the 722k, into the rf modulator, choose channel 3 or 4 on the modulator

Connect 75ohm coax cable from rf modulator to TV 75ohm coax cable input. Choose channel 3 or 4 on the TV.

Hope this helps.

Apr 07, 2010 | Philips 19PR19 19" TV

1 Answer

When playing games the screen on tv has white lines and the screen shakes.

Have you tried this PS3 on another TV?
We've had some older TV's that will do that on their own... that's the only reason I ask.

Well there are various opinions on this forum, but the one shows up most definitely as a solution is to prevent the ground prong on the PS3 power cord from getting into the socket, something to do with a ground-loop issue. They suggest getting a 2-prong to 3-prong adapter/extension, or, cut off the ground-prong.
Other things mentioned elsewhere include purchasing non-oem video cables... people suggest that the ones which come with the PS3 ****.

I myself have never experienced these issues, so I cannot verify them first-hand.

About the screen shakes... here's a fixya link which seems to get to a successful resolution.. check it out:

Jan 13, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console

1 Answer

I do not know how to install my Retro Duo Nintendo to my LG tv. Where do I plug in my S-Visual wires?

Not all new tv's have S-Visual inputs. What you need is an RF Switch. You can find them at any electronics store (even walmart).

Check which one you buy or have a sales associate help you find the right one. Some RF switches (sometimes called modulators) only help you to plug multiple 3-prong av cords to a single av input on a tv. Others will convert your older Coaxel (cable cord) or S-Video (circle with multiple holes) into a 3-prong to the tv.

Also make sure that the RF you buy either comes with a 3-prong AV cord or buy a cheap one (cheapest you find in the store; it doesn't have to be long)

Dec 12, 2009 | Nintendo Super NES Console

2 Answers

Buzzing in speakers of cinema surround

i have the same problem. haven't tried the fix yet, but someone recommend connecting the two pronged power cord to an adapter that switches it to a 3 pronged (adds the ground prong). i guess the adapters are less than a dollar and can be bought at most places.

Dec 04, 2007 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

57 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

72196 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6694 Answers


Level 3 Expert

68970 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides