Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
* NOTE: If you tried to set-up the WRT-160N Router previously, but failed, with the Router ON, press the "Reset" button on the back panel and hold it down for 10 seconds, then release. This will reset the Router to factory settings and erase all previous data.
Then do this
1. Hook up the Linksys WRT-160N Router to the modem(cable, DSL or satelitte)
2. Hook up the Linksys WRT-160N Router to your computer via a LAN cable with the LAN cable in Port #1 on the Linksys WRT-160N Router.
3. Type http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your web browser.
4. Log-on to the Linksys WRT-160N Router with these log-on credentials:
Username: linksys (lower-case)
Password: admin (lower-case)
5. Click on the "Clone PC MAC Address" tab.
6. Click the "Clone PC MAC Address" button.
7. Click "Save", click "Continue".
8. Click the "Wireless Security" tab.
9. Choose "WPA2 Personal - TKIP/AES" for encrypted security.
10. Enter encryption password (passphrase).
11. Click "Save", click "Continue".
12. Exit the web browser.
13. Disconnect the LAN cable from the computer and Port #1 on the Linksys WRT-160N Router.
In about 5 seconds, your wireless connection should be up and running.
Posted on Sep 15, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Mar 15, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Apr 23, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Feb 04, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Dec 23, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Dec 22, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Oct 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 07, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
331 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!