Display and all functions other than time have ceased to function
Just had a new battery put in my T Touch last week and it was
fine till this morning when I woke up the LCD display was blank
and none of the functions worked. It would beep when you touch
the T button but the hands would not move for any of the function
although the hands are functioning in watch mode. Just nothing
else is working. Any suggestions?
a 6ya Expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to an Expert (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The S120 is now a fairly old watch. When the function buttons and heart rate cease to function this is generally an indicator that the battery needs to be replaced. The buttons themselves can also become worn out or weak of function, in either case you have a couple of options.
1) send in to a Polar Authorized Service center: This is very important, do not take to a normal watch shop. You need the watch properly resealed and handled correctly as well as you may need parts such as a button return spring they will not have. Plus there is a 90day warranty on Polar's repair. You will also need to send in your chest strap just to make sure that is still functioning properly. Battery repair about $15-, new buttons another $10ish, and a chest strap if needs replacing about $25 or $30-. $50-$60 total if everything needs work, but this is just an estimate.
2) buy a new watch unit. The RS100 (the current replacement) is about $100- and is easier to use with a better chest strap.
I had the
problem with locking on chrono function. Then I decide to replace battery,
after replacement watches become crazy, hands were moving all the time, it was impossible
to stop it. I remove the battery and leave watches on the table for 5-6 days,
then install the battery again. No problem any more, all functions are
available. May be you have the same kind of problem. Good luck!
I had the same issue. After installing the battery and trying to calibrate several times... to no avail.I tried pressing the T button, keeping it pressed down and then install the battery. It give you a mode or function setting ( I'm not sure what it means). i then press the T button and it cycles through these mode setting. I synchronized the hands and then was able to get the: altimeter, compass, meteo, date and time working. The temp, chrono still doesn't work.
I think getting all the functions to work, depends on the mode setting... but i don't know the correct setting.
I suggest writing to Tissot in both your home country and in the head office in Switzerland. Use both email and paper letters. If you can provide documentation of the attempted fixes that will really help your case. Since you had a history of problems you have every right to ask them to stand behind their product. Perhaps there is a new warranty on the replacement movement, for example. You have nothing to lose except a bit of time, paper and postage. You could even ask your dealer to back you up with this -- he or she will still get paid for the work if Tissot agrees to extend the warranty.