Question about Lexmark T644 Laser Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: prints roller smear marks
Laser printers do not use Ink. The problem is most likely a defect on the drum, which in this model printer, is part of the toner cartridge. Replace the black toner cartridge with a known good one and test.
Posted on Oct 04, 2008
Try this :
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
I found a pencil inside my printer and took it out. It was not easy but now it does not jams the paper. Disconnect the power cord and softly shake the printer from side to side making sure you are holding on to the top scanner door so it won't flip open and listen for anything rolling or loose inside. It just might be your problem.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
SOURCE: Ink is smudging on paper
Try replacing the fuser bulb located inside the fuser roller. This is accessible from the back of the printer. Remove the plastic piece on the back, unplug the two wire connections to the fuser, remove the toner wiper on top, and then remove the fuser. On one side of the fuser, you'll have a protruded plastic piece with two screws in it. Remove that piece and you'll see one more very tiny screw on top and another regular sized screw on bottom. Remove those both and the plastic piece. Inside you'll find the fuser bulb.
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2011 | Canon PC-921 Black and White Copier
Apr 09, 2011 | HP J4680 Office Jet All-In-One Printer
Dec 30, 2010 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 30, 2010 | Brother DCP-7020 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 02, 2010 | Brother IntelliFAX 4750 Plain Paper Laser...
May 21, 2010 | Samsung SCX 4200 All-In-One Laser Printer
Oct 23, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Oct 11, 2009 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 17, 2009 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 29, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
277 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!