Question about RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Flyback part Can this be ordered & put in by me or by a tech. We are on disability and our funds are very limited.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • RCA Master
  • 8,617 Answers

If you have just basic soldering skills you can install this part yourself. also if you get the part from the link I am posting they will take the time to have a support tech explain and send info on how to solder with one on one explanantions. Its a very easy repair. Heres the link you need flyback 259296

Posted on May 17, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can a trahsformer from another 52 inch rear projection phillips tv work ,the flyback that is?

How does he know the fly is bad? Is he getting B+ to the horiz. ckt? Did he ring the fly? Was the H-out transistor bad--or is this one with the 2 outs on the flyback board? If the number on the fly is the same as the other one--it should work--IF it is really bad.

May 05, 2014 | Televison & Video

2 Answers

Flyback transformer

A flyback transformer is one of the more expensive components in a projection TV. If there is no clear reason, such as a known power surge, you could well replace the flyback transformer again soon because the root problem was elsewhere.
An OEM transformer is not necessary but you might have trouble convincing an authorized factory service technician to use anything but the original manufacturer's parts.
As with many of today's electronic devices, if it is more than a year or two old, you will find the new products cheaper and with more features. The next generation of projection TVs will use lasers and scanning will be done with optically controlled micro-mirrors - no flyback transformer required.

Oct 07, 2009 | Toshiba Televison & Video

1 Answer


hello i found a place to order the fly back with the part # you've gave me aether go to and put in your info or here's the link to it with your flyback and the price to order good luck and please rate this.

Mar 21, 2009 | Philips 55PP9352 55" Projection Television

1 Answer

I cannot power up my mitsubishi 55711

This sounds like the flyback unit on the main board has went out(this contro;s the power to the differnt areas of the TV (a flyback costs around 70.00 and you can order one at www.sears,com yhe parts dept...Have make and model ready!

Dec 13, 2008 | Mitsubishi WS-55711 55" Rear Projection...

1 Answer


sounds like you may have the flyback arching. Ussally when we replace the flyback. at the shop the horizontal output transistor is shorted. so usally replace both. now i would no recommend this repair for a non tech. the flyback can be tricky. but if your a tech or have experience in electronics definatly possible. parts about 60 dollars. at our shop this repair ussally runs 150 to 175

Nov 29, 2008 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

52" rca projection screen tv

If the light blinks 3 times its most likely the flyback. Your model uses flyback 259296 and you can get a replacement at the following link and they have free online instant messageing with a tech when you replace the flyback so they can take you step by step while you change it. Hers the link its flyback 259296.

Aug 09, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Wont startup

Youre flyback is defective.Its an easy repair your flyback is 145328551 which is no longer available but the substitute flyback is thats available at the following link and they provide free tech support with instant messageing so you can replace the flyback yourself. You need flyback 145328511 you can get it at this link with free shipping also. I use them all the time they are a good company with qiuality parts and free tech support.

Jun 27, 2008 | Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

No picture

No youre needing a flyback,3 Blink error is flyback. very easy to install takes about an hour start to finsih. You can get a new replacement flyback for less than 50.00 with free shipping at the following link and they will even explain how to change it by instant message with their techs for free. You need flyback 259296 for your model. heres the link.

Jun 18, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer


yes the flyback is inside the TV, and yes I can post a link where you can get a new replacement for around 50 dollars and it comes with free on line tech support so you can do the job yourself. Its a job that only requires basic soldering skills. If you would like the link let me know

May 13, 2008 | RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Flyback xfrm # for model 60gw948

Your flyback number is RCA 239111 the flyback is available at the following link and they provide free tech support to help you with the instalation and repair of your set. Heres the link.

May 08, 2008 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

34 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

71117 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1207 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2275 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides