- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To reset the sensor after installing a new toner cartridge follow these steps.
1. With unit powered On, open the front cover.
2. Press the "Options" key. Display will show "Replace Drum?"
3. Press "Start" key.
4. Press 1,0 .
5. Display will show "Accepted" for approximately 2 seconds. Then display will change to "Cover Open".
6. Close cover and see if Toner Life End error message has gone.
Please note that this must be done with a new cartridge so the unit will see that there is toner in the cartridge.
with machine on, open front cover, press the "options" button, you should see "replace drum?" press the "start" key then 1 then 0. display should show accepted for a couple of secs. then show cover open. close front cover and message should be gone. if not, you will have to contact Brother.
This is a common problem. You need to be sure that the toner and drum unit are seated correctly. I assume you. You may also want to try a different toner in case the chip is bad on it.
The following has been known to work also. Open front cover leaving the toner cartridge and drum unit in.
Press the Options button,
When "Replace Drum?" comes up quickly press the Start button.
Immediately press the "1" and "0" button. The display will say "Accepted" and the error will go away.
You need to this these pretty quickly.