Question about Computers & Internet
Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop
using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is
defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2017 | 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 16, 2011 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Jan 23, 2010 | Advent Netbook
Dec 30, 2009 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 12, 2009 | HP Pavilion a305w (DM181AR) PC Desktop
Apr 03, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Oct 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 27, 2007 | Refrigerators
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!