Question about Canon BJ I6500 InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The POWER Lamp Flashes Orange
Eight flashes: Waste ink tank almost full
The printer has a built-in waste ink tank for the ink used during print head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that the waste ink tank is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink tank becomes completely full, contact a Canon service representative.
Canon recommends that you call for service as soon as this error occurs. Once the waste ink tank becomes completely full, printing will no longer be possible.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
According to the manual found here:
7 orange lights represents a bad print head, and the printer will need serviced or replacement. Since printers are so cheap lately, I would just go shopping. Hope this helps! Thanks!
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
It's mean "Print head not installed/Defective print head".First open cover and remove the ink cartridges.Then open holder and remove the print head.Clean the contacts on printer and print head using piece of cotton and some alcohol.Then put back all again.If the problem persist you need to replace the print head.It's part number now is QY6-0064, because the old QY6-0042 is discontinued.
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
My cannon is doing the below what does this mean and what can be done?
Generic problem for all Canon Printers Canon i6100 light flashes 1 green 7 orange
Posted on Feb 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1200 Photo Printer
Jun 25, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 02, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
printer powered off but connected on power source , you must:
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button.
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Mar 27, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 09, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 07, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Jan 25, 2009 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 07, 2007 | Canon BJC 8500 InkJet Printer
144 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!