Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Check out this website. It has set by set instructions on how to set change the NAT type to open. You have to open certain ports for xbox live which are also listed.
Posted on Sep 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Change NAT to open
The ports should be opened only in the router not in the x.box, go to a working pc..
To allow traffic from the internet to enter your local network, you will need to open up ports or the router will block the request.
Because our routers use NAT (Network Address Translation), you can only open a specific port or ports to one computer at a time. For example: If you have 2 web servers on your network, you cannot open port 80 to both computers. You will need to configure 1 of the web servers to use port 81. Now you can open port 80 to the first computer and then open port 81 to the other computer.
Step 1 Open your web browser and enter the IP address of your D-Link router (192.168.0.1). Enter username (admin) and your password (blank by default).
Step 2 Click on the Advanced tab at the top and then click Virtual Server on the left side.
Step 3 Check Enabled to activate entry.
Step 4 Enter a name for your virtual server entry.
Step 5 Next to Private IP, enter the IP address of the computer on your local network that you want to allow the incoming service to.
Step 6 Choose Protocol Type - either TCP, UDP, or both. If you are not sure, select both.
Step 7 Enter the port information next to Private Port and Public Port. The private and public ports are usually the same. The public port is the port seen from the WAN side, and the private port is the port being used by the application on the computer within your local network.
Step 8 Enter the Schedule information.
Step 9 Click Apply and then click Continue.
Posted on Nov 16, 2007
SOURCE: Change NAT to open
i have the same problem, ive looked at the thread its the same as myne but when i go on the virtual servers it doesnt say discription or imbound port it just says lan port publick port i dont understand :(
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
SOURCE: how to fix nat on xbox live
NAT rating can be remedied by either turning on UPnP on your router, DMZ or portforwarding. This site has some good guides on how to improve your NAT rating when connected wirelessly to xbox live:
How to connect wirelessly to xbox live with open NAT
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
SOURCE: Change NAT to open
Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...
1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 88 and End box type in 88, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
2) On the second line in Application box type in PQR, in the start box type in 3074 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
3) On the third line in Application box type in XYZ, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 53, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box and click on Save Settings...
3) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...
4) Click on set-up and change the MTU Size to 1452 and click Save Settings...
5) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox
IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...
6) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox
Primary dns :- 184.108.40.206...Secondary dns :- 192.168.1.1
7) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...
8) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect... Kudos! Thanks! If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on May 05, 2009
Follow this link and it'll tell you exactly what to do if the router your using is an eicom netopia http://xbox360help.blogspot.com/2007/09/xbox-live-eircom-router-netopia.html
I had the same problem when i started 3 years ago. now i recently bought the new wireless adaptor and have one of the new routers from eircom and after 20 minutes during gameplay it disconnects me from xbox live.it is really startin 2 annoy me now. does anyone know what could be causing this to happen??
Posted on Jan 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
on Feb 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 27, 2011 | Belkin Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 03, 2011 | Activision Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock...
Jan 10, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 01, 2009 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
Mar 13, 2009 | Dynex DX-E401 Router
Mar 24, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G 54Mbps...
319 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: