Question about Garden
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I figured this one out...there are two pairs slots...the tab of the idler pulley goes in the right slot near the motor and the idler pulley goes off to the left.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
Hi, this is a easy solution. on your drive pulley, there should be three belt keepers to keep the belt from coming off. ( belt keeper is a 1/4" dia. rod that goes over the pulley)
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
part # 94-8812 is traction belt 106-4498 auger belt
There is a service bulltin on this I have not seen this yet, Ill paste it for you to look at .
this was issued dec 22-2003 you would think that it would have shown up as a problem by now.
UNITS AFFECTED: Model Number(s): Serial Number(s):
38621 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
38635 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
38645 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
SUBJECT: Traction belt jumps off the pulley.
SITUATION: Incorrect pulley alignment causes the traction belt to jump off, usually when the drive is disengaged or as a hill is crested.
1. Remove the belt cover, engine belt guide and the bolt securing the crankshaft pulley.
2. Remove the auger brake assembly.
3. Remove the crankshaft pulley and the auger belt.
4. On the left side of the machine, remove the hair pin cotter from the speed control link and slide the link out of the pulley pivot assembly. The traction belt can now be removed.
5. Shorten the pulley half nearest the engine (PN 106-7334) shown in Fig 1. Grind or machine 1/8” (.125”/3.2mm). from the hub end of the pulley. The new finished length of the pulley half should be 1.07” (2.7cm).
6. Chamfer the bore to ensure the pulley fully contacts the shoulder on the crankshaft. You can send the pulley to an outside machine shop if you do not feel that you can modify the pulley in house.
7. Reinstall the pulley with a new traction belt.
A. Chamfer edge after grinding/machining.
B. Remove 1/8”.
C. Masking tape used as a reference line.
8. With the engine off, engage both the traction and auger levers and inspect the alignment of both the auger and traction belt idler pulleys (Fig. 2). Since we have moved the crankshaft pulley it may be necessary to bend the idler arms slightly to center the belts. Adjust as needed.
9. Install the engine belt guide and test operate.
10. Install the belt covers.
PARTS: P/N 94-8812 Traction Belt
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
Removal & Installation
A/C Compressor Belt
Power Steering Pump Belt
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2014 | Craftsman Garden
Aug 16, 2014 | Cub Cadet Garden
Aug 15, 2013 | Yard Machines 155 Torque Briggs Stratton...
Oct 24, 2012 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Aug 31, 2012 | Cub Cadet Riding Lawn Garden Tractor 25hp...
May 14, 2011 | Toro Personal Pace CARB Walk Power Mower
Jun 30, 2010 | Craftsman Garden
Apr 14, 2010 | Garden
Jan 03, 2010 | Admiral Washing Machines
Oct 17, 2009 | Cub Cadet Street Sign- tractor lawn riding...
205 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!