Question about IBM ThinkPad T30 2366 Notebook
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2009 | Kenwood KDC-W707 CD Player
Jul 29, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 3200MFPB Multifunction...
Jul 23, 2009 | Kenwood KDC-X589 CD Player
Apr 05, 2009 | Kenwood KDC-W707 CD Player
Feb 26, 2009 | Canon MP-25DV Calculator
Nov 20, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre Pro 575 Plain Paper Laser...
Aug 28, 2008 | Emerson EM-CKT9087 Corded Phone
Jul 09, 2008 | Lands Phones
Jan 30, 2008 | Kenwood KDC-MP4028 CD Player
Dec 26, 2007 | Kenwood KDC-MP435U CD Player
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!