Question about Singer CE-200 Quantum Futura Computerized Sewing Machine
The carriage of the embroidery unit is not move automatically to the embroidery standby position it move wrong side to the machine,.red light flashing
Warning - undertake this fix at your own risk as it will probably invalidate the warranty.
The problem is a bad connection inside the embroidery unit - there is a small plug that joins four sets of wires that comes loose.
1) disconnect the embroidery unit
2) Turn the unit over and remove the posidrive (crosshead) recessed screws on the bottom. ONLY remove the recessed screws NOT the ones holding the catch to hold embroidery unit to machine. ALSO DO NOT remove the one screw that is different (it has different head that allows a flat screwdriver as well as a posidrive)
3) Carefull turn unit back over
4) With the enbroidery unit facing you there is a screw facing you in the white cover of the hoop holder. Remove this screw and carefully remove the plastic cover.
5) On the underside of the hoop holder nearest you there are two black screws that are undone with an allen key. Remove these (they allow the main cover to come off
6) Pop out the long plastc cover under the hoop holder (where the ting moves back and forward)
7) Pop out the section of cover behind this that is now loose.
8) Carefully tease off the main cover. IT will come with patience and by moving the embroidery arm back and fortht to give space. DONT FORCE IT.
9) You will see the rails running left to right that the hoop holder moves on. Under these you should see four wires, that are joined to four other wires by a connector.
10) Wobble the connector to get them to connect again
11) Connect the embroidery unit to the machine and switch on.
12) If the carriage goes to the start position you have restored the connection. Secure with insulation tape
13) If not switch off, wobble, switch on unitl it works
14) Disconnect and replace covers.
Good luck. This sorted out our machine that just moved the carriage the wrong way and flashed red 88
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Is the need in upright position ?
or have you fitted the embroidery hoop correctly.
If all else fails switch off and start up again - should then automatically go to correct position.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Unit goes to stand by but when I TRY TO EMBROIDERY i TOUCH GREEN AND IT FLASHES RED have had singer and singer repair 3 times am told embroidery unit is bad it keeps crinking the drive do magigger how doI get it replaced and what cost
Posted on May 03, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2016 | Singer Futura Xl-400 All-In-One Sewing And...
Sep 29, 2013 | Singer CE-100 Futura Computerized Sewing...
Jul 18, 2013 | Singer CE-200 Quantum Futura Computerized...
Sep 01, 2010 | Husqvarna Designer I
Jun 08, 2009 | Singer Sewing Machines
Apr 19, 2009 | Husqvarna Designer I
Feb 27, 2009 | Singer CE-200 Quantum Futura Computerized...
Jul 04, 2008 | Singer CE-200 Quantum Futura Computerized...
Dec 27, 2007 | Singer CE-200 Quantum Futura Computerized...
Nov 17, 2007 | Husqvarna Rose
558 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: