Question about Video Game Consoles & Games
I will suggest you try this,
1. Turn off Playstation.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION System. Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default. Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files. Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION. Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch. System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION System. If this did not solve the problem, get a new drive.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I will advise you return the faulty PlayStation for a change to a new one, but if you cannot return, all you need to do is to follow these steps.
6. Completely power down your system by pressing the power button for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, unplug the AC Adapter from the PlayStation for a moment, then plug it back in.
7. Make sure your PlayStation console has the most current PlayStation system menu. Download the latest update (how to), and then test your PlayStation console to determine if the problem has been resolved.
If you continue to experience this issue, there is a problem with the PlayStation console and it will need to be repaired.
Hope this helps in working to make the player work agaain.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
SOURCE: dear fixya i bought faulty
If you bought it off ebay contact the seller a nd tell him it does not work and have him replace it. If he will not replace it put a claim in on ebay and Paypal to get your money back. Paypal will always side with the buyer and have the money refunded. On link below will tell you how to do it.
Good Luck and please accept the answer
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 22, 2012 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Nov 05, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 23, 2012 | HP Pavilion zd7000 Notebook
Apr 17, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Jan 06, 2011 | Dell Inspiron XPS M140 Notebook
Nov 20, 2010 | Everex StepNote VA4103M Notebook
Jul 06, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Oct 19, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!