Question about Radio Shack 3 in 1 Universal Remote
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Download the manual and codes from here
Here is how to set the code...
1. Turn TV on
2. Press TV button on remote
3. Hold P button on remote until LED blinks twice
4. Enter the first 5 digit code for Magnavox TV's
5. Press Power button - TV should turn off. If TV doesn't turn off repeat steps 2-5 with the next 5 digit code, until either TV goes off or run out of codes.
6. If out of codes use searching for code method below...
TV codes for Magnavox
10047, 11454, 10054, 10154, 10000, 10250, 10051, 10180, 10060, 10030, 10171, 10092, 10706, 11913, 11904, 11755, 10019, 11365, 11254, 10802, 10386, 10282, 10020, 10187, 10186, 10024, 10179, 10096
Searching for code
1. Turn on TV.
2. Press TV button on remote
3. Press and hold P button until LED blinks twice
4. Enter code 991 on remote - LED blinks twice
5. Press 1 - Device key blinks twice
6. Press Power button once
7. Press and release CH+ key until TV turns off.
At this point in the manual, the manual is only correct depending on what type of TV you have.
In the manual if you press the Power on button the TV should turn itself back on, the fail to state that not all TV's turn on by the power button, the majority now are triggered to turn on, on channel change, however you can't use channel change here to check it as you'll go to the next code... here is my solution...
8. Turn TV back on either using original TV remote, or buttons on front (most TV's if you change channels they come back out of standby mode, very few now turn on by pressing the power button).
9. Press Power button on remote - TV should turn itself off again.
10. Press P button on remote to lock in that code.
If the device does not turn off press CH- to go back through the codes, press and release P button when TV turns off.
If you used the search function you might want to know what code it's using. To do this follow these instructions...
1. Press TV button
2. Press and hold P until LED blinks twice
3. Enter 990 and LED blinks twice
4. Press 1 and count number of times LED blinks this is the first digit of your code (e.g. 1 blink = 1, 2 blinks = 2, etc).
5. Repeat step 4 pressing buttons 2 - 5 for the other digits (e.g. for the second digit press 2 count number of blinks.. etc)
At this point the manual doesn't tell you how to get out of this mode, I presume pressing any other button on the remote other than 1-5 will take you out of this mode, either that or leaving the remote alone for 5 minutes.
Posted on Nov 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2015 | Televison & Video
Jan 22, 2014 | Radio Shack Pro-2018 Scanner
Dec 06, 2012 | Radio Communications
Apr 24, 2011 | Radio Shack (15-2147) Remote Control
Sep 21, 2010 | Radio Shack 3 in 1 Universal Remote
Aug 30, 2009 | Radio Shack 3822 Digital Answering Machine
Apr 19, 2008 | Radio Shack Pro-94 Scanner
Mar 08, 2008 | JVC KD-HDR1 CD Player
Jan 16, 2008 | Radio Shack (15-2147) Remote Control
1,937 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: