Question about Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Any help with the install would be great. I am pulling my hair out...
Let's see, here are a list of things to do.
1. If replacing an existing drive, open the chassis, remove old drive and transfer mounting rails to new drive. (Make sure the drive jumper is set to CABLE SELECT)
2. Mount new drive in chassis, connect the IDE and power cables.
3. Boot to the BIOS (F2 at boot) turn on caps lock, scroll lock and Numlock, the press CNTL+E, CNTL+F then CNTL+B to reboot, this will force IDE redetection and should ID the drive in BIOS
4. Boot to windows, see if the drive is now ID'd in device manager.
5. Install DVD playback and burning SW that came with the drive.
Posted on May 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
May 09, 2011 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Jul 05, 2010 | Dell Insprion 1150 (DELL1150) PC Desktop
Jun 15, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Jan 25, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Sep 16, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Nov 21, 2007 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!