Question about Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Any help with the install would be great. I am pulling my hair out...
Let's see, here are a list of things to do.
1. If replacing an existing drive, open the chassis, remove old drive and transfer mounting rails to new drive. (Make sure the drive jumper is set to CABLE SELECT)
2. Mount new drive in chassis, connect the IDE and power cables.
3. Boot to the BIOS (F2 at boot) turn on caps lock, scroll lock and Numlock, the press CNTL+E, CNTL+F then CNTL+B to reboot, this will force IDE redetection and should ID the drive in BIOS
4. Boot to windows, see if the drive is now ID'd in device manager.
5. Install DVD playback and burning SW that came with the drive.
Posted on May 16, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Jun 07, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1510 Laptop
May 09, 2011 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Jun 15, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Jun 05, 2009 | Dell PowerEdge 4600 Server
Jan 25, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Nov 21, 2007 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!