Question about HP Printers & Copiers
To replace the print cartridges
Perform the following steps to replace the print cartridges:
NOTE: Remove the black print cartridge to install the photo or gray photo print cartridge, and store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic container.
NOTE: If colored paper is loaded in the input tray when aligning the print cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input tray, and then try the alignment again.If the alignment fails again, you might have a defective sensor or print cartridge. Contact HP Support at www.hp.com/support If prompted, choose your country/region, and then click Contact HP technical support.
Posted on May 15, 2008
SOURCE: HP Photosmart D7360
HP support decided it could not be repaired on line, agreed to replace it but found it was a few days out of waranty...so it is dead in the water. Probably not cost effective to repair it.
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
hp c5280 replaced the ink cartridge and the heads will not align, took out an put back in an they still will not align.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
To replace the print cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
CAUTION: If the HP All-in-One is off when you open the print cartridge door to
access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the cartridges for
changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print cartridges are not
docked safely when you try to remove them.
2. Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
3. Open the print cartridge door.
The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
4. Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print
cartridge to release it.
If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the
slot on the left.
If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from
the slot on the right.
1 Print cartridge slot for the tri-color print cartridge
2 Print cartridge slot for the black and photo print cartridges
5. Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.
6. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge,store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic container.
7. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only
the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
1 Copper-colored contacts
2 Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)
3 Ink nozzles under tape
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Touching
these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
8. Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push the upper
part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.
If you are installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
If you are installing a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
Work with print cartridges 69
Maintain the HP All-in-One
9. Close the print cartridge door.
If you installed a new print cartridge, the HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge
10. When prompted, ensure plain white paper is loaded in the input tray, then press the
button next to OK.
NOTE: If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the print
cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input
tray, and then try the alignment again.
11. Place the page print side down on the scanner glass and then press the button next
to OK to scan the page.
When the On
Please Don't forget to rate this solution. Thanks.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
Apr 25, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
Oct 10, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5280 InkJet Printer
Mar 26, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
Jul 23, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 18, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5280 Printer
598 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: