An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: voice change nuvi 250w
There are some voices you can change, use the webupdater from garmin to see what they have on stock, and while you're there update the firmware too. Don't install stuff you don't need language wise....
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Press TOOLS, then press SETTINGS then press LANGUAGE. You'll see the VOICE on this screen. Press VOICE and select the one you want. You can download new voices if you want. 2. Connect your satnav to your computer. Download and install webupdater from http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 When it's installed it will search for software updates. When it's finished updating software it'll give you an option to download new voices. Tick the ones you want and click next. They'll be downloaded to your satnav. When the download is completed and the satnav is disconnected from the computer select the voice you want as described in paragraph 1 above.
1. Press Tools, then press Settings, then press Language. Press Voice and change it to the one you want. You can also download more voices if there's not one there that you like. 2. Connect your satnav to your computer. Download and install webupdater from http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 When it's installed it will look for updates to your software. After this it will give you the option to download voices. Click on the ones you want and press NEXT. They will be downloaded to your satnav. After you have disconnected your satnav from the computer you'll need to select a voice as described in paragraph 1 above.
Please don't attempt this yourself. You risk damaging the unit. There have been (3) different LCD displays used in the production run of your unit. You won't know which one it takes until you open the unit up and again you risk damaging the unit. Please see this link:
In order to change your car icon apart from the icons that are already on it you must first download additional icons which are available from the Garmin.com Website and then transfer those from your computer to your Nuvi - see Page 21 of the Owner's Manual available by download from Garmin.com To change the voice touch Settings on the right side of your Main Scree which then provides 6 Sub Menus, one of which is Locale choose Locale and then the bar identified by the Set of Lips will allow you to change the language of the voice and from Male to Female (page 46 of the Owner's Manual)