Question about EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
After installing the hardware and physical mounting, basic configuration is something like below:
1. Set your computers TCP/IP address temporarily to be a static IP address such as 192.168.1.5;
2. Open your browser and type in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. The EnGenius password prompt should appear. The default user is admin and the password is also admin. The control interface should now be accessible;
3. Under the Wireless heading click on Site Survey. This will display all the access points in your area. Your ISP or to whatever WiFi network you would want to connect should be listed in the ‘Wireless Site Survey’. Select the access point with the highest signal level or your choice. Click ‘Connect’;
4. After clicking ‘connect’, it should confirm that the EnGenius has connected successfully;
5. Click Ok and it will take you back to the list of wireless site surveys;
6. To confirm that the SSID has been changed go to the ‘Wireless Basic Settings’ page which is in the Wireless submenu in the left side bar. Once on the wireless page go to the box with SSID. The value should read "Your ISP or the WiFi network you would want to connect"; this has to be exact and case-sensitive to connect successfully.
This is just the start, all settings are configurable and actually depends as to how you would want to use the device; as a WiFi Access Point, as a client router mode or Wireless outdoor bridges in WDS mode.
After all settings have been changed to your requirement(s), go back to the PC's control panel and your network connections, and change your TCP/IP address back to DHCP settings (obtaining an IP address automatically). panel window.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on May 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2017 | Plantronics Radio Communications
May 06, 2011 | D-Link Network Router DIR-412 Mobile 3GB...
Feb 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 27, 2010 | John Deere 195HP Hydrostatic 42" Cut...
Apr 23, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB4100 Modem
Aug 05, 2008 | Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 05, 2013 | EnGenius EOC-3220 (EOC3220)
244 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: