Question about LG Computers & Internet
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if the monitor showing powersaving mode, monitor is ok. It must be your CPU complaint.
Posted on Feb 06, 2008
First we need to know your G5 and monitor are working, independently. Test these items first on known good computers and monitors. If they show working then;
If your G5 is per 1997 then it may be a true compatibility problem. If 1997 or later, then it could be one of several problems.
1. video card not working or not powerful enough or overheating
2. G5 power supply issues
3. video card may need to be re-seated
4. 3rd party RAM compatibility issues
5. try by resetting the PRAM
6. The monitor may have the brightness and contrast set to BLACK
7. The G5 DVI output may be off or failed.
8. You can try this fix;
Go into System Preferences > Displays > Options (on the 2nd display) and selected "Disable Power Button". Problem solved, if inelegantly.
change the other settings for displays.
9. Using the on-screen settings on the monitor, change to the lowest resolution, then if visible work your way up until it goes blank again.
See some supporting info here:
Here is you manual:
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2015 | LG Computers & Internet
May 19, 2014 | LG Flatron W2061TQ-PF 20-inch Widescreen...
Mar 23, 2013 | Hannspree 22" widescreen LCD Flat Panel HD...
Apr 11, 2011 | LG Flatron L1919S LCD Monitor
Sep 20, 2010 | LG Computers & Internet
Apr 08, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 01, 2009 | LG Flatron L1750S 17" LCD Monitor
Jan 26, 2008 | LG Flatron L1511S 15" Flat Panel LCD...
Jul 04, 2018 | LG Computers & Internet
222 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!