Question about Apple iBook G4 Mac Notebook
Thank you for contacting Fixya Support, I am glad to assist.
If you are unable to gain access via the password to login to your Mac OS X desktop, you are going to reset your password.
What you will need to do is use the Mac OS X restore (Disk 1) or the Mac OS X installation disk which came with your Macbook Pro.
Now perform this process:
* Insert your install disc
* Reboot your Macbook Pro
* Press the C key on your keyboard and hold until you see the white screen, grey apple, and eventually the spinning gear.
* Release the C key when you see the spinning gear
* When you reach the Mac OS X install environment, click past the language screen.
* From the Installer Menu bar select "Utilities" and then "Reset Password".
* Within the Reset Password utility, select the User Account you need access to.
* Reset the password.
* Quit the Reset Password utility when you have reset and confirmed the new password
* Quit the Installer and restart your Mac..
* At the log in window, enter your username and newly reset password. You should now be able to successfully log in. * I hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 07, 2017 | Samsung Cell Phones
Nov 16, 2012 | EverFocus ECOR264-9X1/2T ECOR264 Series 9...
Apr 15, 2012 | Compaq Armada 1700 Notebook
Feb 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 01, 2010 | Sony VAIO Notebook
May 18, 2010 | Dell Latitude D430 Notebook
Jul 08, 2009 | E-Machines (T2958) PC Desktop
Apr 01, 2009 | HP Pavilion tx2500z Notebook
365 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: