Question about Refrigerators
The freezer is the key,remove the inner panel and blower fan from the inside of the freezer compartment ,check to see if the drain bellow the evaporator coil is stopped up,and froze .If so,the drain has trash,and debris in it stopping the water flow and therefore freezing up.Also,check the deflector door in the unit,this is controlled by the control in the freezer,not the fridge compartment,set the control to a lower setting ,warmer if you will.This will cause the coldest air to be deflected to the fridge area,but it still will be freezing in the freezing unit.Then adjust the thermostat in the fridge compartmenttto a colder setting,this controls the cycling of the compressor.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
1. Possible that instead of speculating open the back to see for icing. If so does tto fan work or is blocked. If fan is not working chnage fan.
2. If fan is working into a choked chamber then the auto timer is not worrking.. checck auto defrost timer.
3. Check path of the air flow of the fan. Check on the defrost heater coil.
4.Possible that the thermostat setting is not reacting in the fridge section causing the icing. Check for broken leads.
5. Put fridge on test after 6 hours an check during this period if cooling is OK. If so the fault is in the area of the auto defrost section.
6. Confirm the test before you buy any part.
Posted on Sep 13, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2011 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Jul 16, 2011 | Jenn-Air JCD2389G Side by Side...
Jun 08, 2011 | Maytag MFD2560HES Bottom Freezer French...
May 17, 2011 | Frigidaire FRT21H8 Top Freezer...
Mar 16, 2011 | Refrigerators
Apr 24, 2017 | Hotpoint HTM17BBSSA Top Freezer...
Nov 01, 2010 | Invacare Supply Group Invacare Pronto M51...
Jan 05, 2010 | Kenmore 56549 / 56542 / 56544 / 56546 Side...
May 04, 2009 | Freezers
Sep 13, 2008 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: