My archos vision 1 is not recognised by computer
Hi, archos vision 1 player not recognized by the computer
This may be caused by one of the following:
1. Minimum system requirements were not met.
2. Corrupted drivers.
3. Computer restrictions.
4. Power issue.
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions:
SOLUTION 1 - For brand new player or first time connecting to this computer.
For Windows XP users: verify the following operating system requirements are met.
- Windows XP SP2 or higher
- Windows Media Player 10 or higher
Download and install the latest Windows Media Player if it's not installed.
For Windows Vista users: If the player is seen in My Computer when using MTP mode, but not showing in Windows Media Player.
- Download the hotfix from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939211.
- Run the hotfix.
For MAC users, see archos vision 1 player not recognized by a MAC OS
NOTE: If you are trying to connect to a Computer at work that is part of a network, there may be user right restrictions that are set to disable access to new hardware or stop any program installations. You may need to check with your IT administrator to see if this is causing the problem.
SOLUTION 2 - Refresh the driver
STEP 1 - Connect the archos vision 1 player to the PC
The screen on your player should turn on, show 'Connected' and indicate the battery charging or full.
- If the player does not turn on try other USB ports or on another computer if one is readily available. Ensure you are connecting directly to the computer USB port and not to a USB hub.
- If there is nothing showing on the screen and the player does show up in as a storage device in an explorer window, then the screen is just not working.
If you receive the error "USB Device Not Recognized" on the computer, the player is most likely failed. Additional troubleshooting is unlikely to correct the problem.
STEP 2 - Check under Device Manager
1. Right-click My Computer, and select Manage.
2. Click Device Manager on the left pane.
NOTE: archos vision 1 Players can connect to your computer in MSC or MTP mode. Exceptions are archos vision 1 Connect and archos vision 1 Express which only use MTP mode. MTP mode is the recommended and default method for archos vision 1 Players when used with Windows OS.
The archos vision 1 player will show up on Device Manager's right pane as:
1. USB Mass Storage device (if the player is set to MSC)
2. Portable Device (if the player is set to MTP mode)
If there is a yellow exclamation point (!) or question mark (?) beside the device, try to refresh the drivers.
STEP 3 - Refresh the drivers
1. Right-click the entry with the error mark, select Uninstall.
2. On the top menu, click Action then select Scan for hardware changes.
NOTE: If a device with yellow exclamation point (!) continually appears and disappears, then the player is most likely failed. Additional troubleshooting is unlikely to correct the problem.
Have a nice day....
Feb 19, 2011 |
Audio Players & Recorders