For this problem you are to follow some steps step 1: switch your handset step 2: press and hold 3 buttons as 1 : calling green coloured button 2 : star button 3 : three no. key step 3: swutch on your handset untill there is a messege that complete formatting step 4: now your handset has become ok
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
* Basically,you need to check the memory card and try another if that is the only problem.
* sometimes it's a matter of software problem and it can be resolve by formatting the phone.By formatting the phone,follow this steps,( Be sure to back up everything because all data will be erase and battery must be full charge as well to avoid formatting failure and lead the phone to death)
* Turn off the phone * remove battery,sim card,memory card. * put the battery back For Soft reset * press *#7370# ,a lock code will be ask the enter the desire code if change before,otherwise the default code will be 12345. if the code is accepted,the phone restart and go back to its original default settings, Now try to insert your memory card and check if it is working. For Hard reset * simultaneously press * 3 call button,the power it ON.a message flash on screen "formatting" you can release all button and wait until the process is done.Now your phone is in default settings and try if the memory card is recognized.
otherwise,the memory card switch is damage/broken and needs replacement or one of the socket pins on the PCB is broken/damage and also need replacement,By this time,you need to consult a mobile service shop to fix this problem.
maybe some of programs installed is adware, when they are active sometime ask to visit an web site or send an sms to sponsors of that "freware",or in a rare cases to dial an special number. also your N3230 have received an blank sms/mms vith virus dialer try delete suspected files or all foles after appearing of problem also check all active processes and easly will separate which process is intruder
I had the same problem but fixed it by transferring the desired mp3 file to the phone memory instead of the memory card. Apparently some mp3 files saved on my 4G memory card, although they worked with the music player, could not be used as ringtones (Invalid file error). This may be one problem with using a 4G card on the Viewty.
Always think carefully about altering your phone's window registry for any reason. If you follow the instructions all should be fine. If you are a complete novice, I wouldn't recommend it, you could seriously mess up your phone. Use at your own discretion.
*WARNING I DO NOT know the extent at which this works ( "How many tones that can be added""How long the ringtones can be"FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!! I AM NOT/WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUED TO YOUR PANTECH DUO BY PERFORMING THIS PROCESS!! Doing this involves tinkering with the phones defaults if you change something that you are not supposed to the phone may not work causing the phones warranty to be void (Solution:If your not sure what your doing DONT DO IT). Before you start make sure all ringtones you desire to be used as alerts for text messages, voicemail, etc. are in the "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" folder. This is very important as you will see. Also make sure all ringtones are short enough (15 seconds MAX) that they will be recognized as useable tones*
2. Connect your Pantech Duo to your Desktop/Laptop and run the registry editor
3. Once your device and has been connected to the Editor open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (should be the second file folder down)
4. Open "Control Panel" (this should also be the second file folder down)
5. Click (and only click) "Sounds" (Should be the 15th file folder down *make sure its just "Sounds" and not "SoundCatergories"*)
6. Double Click "All Sounds"
7. In the pop up menu box scroll down to the end of the list of assorted factory tones
8. Put your cursor at the end of the last line and press enter to creat a new line to type in
9. Type in " \My Documents\My Ringtones\ " immediately by the exact name of the file you wish to enter ( EXAMPLE: \My Documents\My Ringtones\342.wow.mp3) MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FILE TYPE (.wma,.mp3, etc.)
10. Click "OK" when you are finsihed adding your ringtones
11. On your Pantech Duo from the home menu Click Start>Settings>Sounds>Text Message then scroll through the tone options to reveal that tones you added are options and and can be play automatically!!
Reply and tell me if it worked, if it didn't, or if the directions are unclear P.S. have someone text you to double check if it works
I think it is due to installation of unnecessay apps.
The best thing to do is to format ur phone memory. It improves ur phone performance. it doesnot erases the necessary applications such as camera, mp3 player, sound recorder, etc.
So format ur phone using :
1) turn off the phone.
2) press & hold 3 buttons ( green dial button + * + 3 numpad ) and turn on the phone.
3) Hold the 3 buttons until formatting screen appears.
4) when it is finished, it asks for restart.
5) After restart, ur phone is free of all problems.
seems like the buzzer is the problem since tones don't work but the ear piece is fine..try changing the buzzer or cleaning the contacts of the buzzer,.try yourself or bring it to a cellphone specialist