Try this step ... found it on Canon's websiteIssue:
ERROR LCD: WAITING FOR REPORT
Set [AUTO PRINT RX] to ON (MX300 / MX310)
AUTO PRINT RX
[AUTO PRINT RX] is set to [OFF], incoming received faxes will be
temporarily stored to memory and transaction reports (TX, RX and
Activity) remain in memory. The default setting is [ON], which means
incoming received faxes and transaction reports will automatically
The fax machine will not automatically print a received fax and will store it in memory in the following conditions.
- Ink is low or has run out
- The paper size and type is not set correctly
- Paper has run out
- The Output Tray is closed
To set AUTO PRINT
, please follow these steps.
- Press the <FAX> button to enter the Fax menu.
- Press the <Menu> button. [FAX SETTINGS] is displayed
- Press the left or right arrow button to select [RX SETTINGS] , then press <OK> two times.
- Press the left arrow to select [ON], then press <OK>.
Note: When AUTO PRINT RX is set ON, a sub-menu will appear to PRINT WHEN NO INK.
At sub-menu PRINT WHEN NO INK, decide if you'd like the machine to continue to print incoming received faxes if ink is low.
When this option is set ON, the fax machine will not monitor the ink
level of the ink cartridges. If ink is low or out, received faxes will
print with streaks or blank. Furthermore, once the fax is printed, it
will be deleted from memory.
- To print received faxes when ink is low or out, press the left or right arrow to select [ON] and then press <OK>.
store received faxes in memory when ink is low or out, press the left
or right arrow to select [OFF] and then press <OK>.
- Press the <Stop/Reset> repeatedly to return to Fax standby mode.