Question about Sanyo Microwave Ovens
Just buy a sachet of kettle descaler from almost any large supermarket, electrical retailer or hardware store and follow the instructions.
It basically creates a carefully controlled acidic environment in your kettle which dissolves the limescale. If you have a very heavy deposit it may need more than one application.
Many folks choose to boil vinegar or lemon juice in their kettles to do the same job, but it tends to taint the kettle afterwards and so you need to fill and boil the kettle a few times until you can no longer taste or smell the vinegar. Don't use straight vinegar as it tends to boil over, instead use no more than four parts vinegar to six parts water. If you have Indian food shops near you, then you may be able to buy citric acid crystals (look like salt) which you mix with water and then use like the vinegar solution. This option gives the least taint and is most similar to some commercial descaling products.
Do not be tempted to use household sink unblockers such as hydrochloric or sulphuric acid. You can get a very energetic reaction and strong boiling acid shooting out of the kettle is not much fun.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 22, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
The error described can be fault in any of these.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Apr 12, 2011 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens
Mar 24, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 11, 2011 | Sunbeam Microwave Ovens
Mar 01, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 02, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 10, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 20, 2009 | Sanyo EM-A5200SW Microwave Oven
Jan 12, 2009 | Sanyo EM-S8000 Microwave Oven
259 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: