Question about Brother CS-6000
The mechanism inside the machine will not turn over / around. The balance wheel turns but nothing moves inside. The belt is perfect. Took lid off and looked inside, machine cleaned and oiled, lights work. This happened after I tried to sew some heavy fabric. Desperate!!!
Posted on Sep 13, 2010
Do you have a stitch pattern chosen? Is it set for winding the bobbin? Check your manual, if you cannot find it download one for free, at brother-usa.com
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Here are a few solutions to check.
* Check your fabric to make sure it isn't caught on something.
* Check your pressure foot to make sure it's screwed tightly in place.
* Adjust the pressure of your pressure foot as it may be too light or too heavy for your fabric.
* Check your feed dogs for lint. If your feed dogs are clogged with lint, they're not gripping your fabric properly. Remove your pressure foot and clean out any lint with an old toothbrush.
* Raise your feed dogs if your machine has this function. They may have been inadvertently lowered.
* Check your stitch length regulator, If its set at “0” or a very small number, try switching to a longer stitch length.
* Change your needle, it may be damaged.
* Check your needle plate and make sure it's securely in place.
* Use a “Jean-a-ma-jig” or a “Hump-jumper”. If you've been trying to sew over a bump of fabric, such as a thick jean hem, try using this tool (your local fabric store should carry it). It keeps your pressure foot level as you sew over the bump and gives your feed dogs something to grip.
I hope this helps
Posted on Mar 23, 2010
your feeddogs are down or the pressure has been released on the foot. either problem sould be explained in the owners manual on how to reset either one.
Posted on Nov 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Jul 31, 2014 | Brother SE-400 Sewing & Embroidery Machine
Jan 06, 2014 | Elna 7200 Computerized Sewing Machine
Mar 18, 2013 | Singer 8280 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jan 13, 2010 | Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized...
Aug 04, 2009 | Simplicity Serge Pro SW432 Mechanical...
Dec 01, 2008 | Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing...
Aug 05, 2008 | Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing...
Jun 12, 2014 | Brother CS-6000
Jun 11, 2017 | Brother CS-6000
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!