Question about HP Compaq nx9030 Notebook
Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop
using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is
defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2016 | Thor Motor Coach 2014 Windsport 32A
Apr 19, 2015 | Dell Computers & Internet
Sep 21, 2011 | Compaq Presario CQ62-215DX Laptop
Nov 16, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Nov 14, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Nov 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 27, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A25-S207 Notebook
May 17, 2009 | Dell Inspiron E1705 Notebook
Jun 15, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario C304NR Notebook
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!