- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can set the ringer volume by using Feature *80 and use the volume control to change the level. If this does not get your phone to ring again, then the line assignments will need to be reprogrammed.
Enter Feature **2663444
Search through General Options until you find Ringing options.
Type in the extension number of your personal office.
scroll to line 4 choose turn ringer to off, and rls! Let me know if you need clarification on how to find Ringers in General Options.
Yes, as you noticed FEATURE *6 only changes the ring tone on the set...
You have to go into system programming to make this change...
-> First you need to know the extension on the set, you can find this by doing FEATURE *0 and press the Intercom button.
-> Get into programming and you'll see TERMINALS&SETS and enter
-> type in extension that is giving you problems
-> hit next till you see LINE ACCESS and enter
-> the you'll see LINE ASSIGNMENT and enter
-> type in the line 003
-> and press change to APPR&RING
-> hit next and RLS to back out of programming
To change the ringing on a prostar 816 you first need to be at a display set (doesn't matter what the extension number is).
with the handset down enter #20 the screen should say MMC DISABLED
1) enter in 1 2 3 4 1 # (that enables programming)
2) enter in #62 the screen should say day ring assn
3) press the line you wish to program
4) press the buttons for the extensions that you wish to ring (the ones in the right next to the handset)
5) press # when finished with the line
6) repeat steps 2 through 5 for the remainder of the lines you wish to change
No where have I seen this documented in the Norstar Manual. Follow these steps:
PW: 266344 (note that this is different pw than provided in manuals)
Terminal Sets- press top right button
Enter the extension to which you want to turn the ringer off
Press the top right button again three times until "Show Line" appears. Starting w/ the first line you want to turn off, enter the line and then "change" the status to "appear only", scan through your remaining lines and do the same steps. Remember to do all of the lines in your trunk.