Question about Microwave Ovens
For electronics, as with most most other types of machines, heat is the enemy.
The circuit boards in a microwave are mounted directly behind the bottom cover, and if the air below he machine is extremely hot, the board's components will slowly cook until they break down.
Assuming that the replacement is mounted in the same place, then your answer is: Yes, it can and most likely will happen again, given the same circumstances.
I see 2 logical options to help save the microwave;
The first is to block the heat, by adding a heat-shield under the microwave.
There are a few presentable models on the market, and they're just a simple aluminum diffuser with a thin layer of insulation behind it.
The second is to redirect the heat, by setting a small fan on the counter next to the stove (just a few inches taller than the pots on the burners) that will push the rising heat away from your microwave.
The 'fan plan' is an old-school quick-fix that you can pull out when you need it, and will work fine while you shop/hunt for a proper heat-shield that fits your decor.
***Don't forget to VOTE for the guys who take an interest in helping!
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
Testimonial: "what a treat to have a response and solution. Thank you for the information--my next purchase--after repairing the microwave--will be a fan!"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2013 | Jenn-Air JMC8130DD Microwave Oven
Mar 10, 2012 | Jenn-Air JMV8196 Microwave Oven
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 on high resistance range for short circuit, the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Dec 28, 2010 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
Here is a tip that I wrote to give details about why your cooktop will not spark to light the burners..
Cooktop Range Stove spark ignition does not work
Dec 25, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 09, 2010 | Jenn-Air JMV8208AAS Microwave Oven
Aug 30, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 24, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 09, 2009 | Jenn-Air JMV8208A Microwave Oven
Jan 04, 2009 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
Sep 04, 2017 | Jenn-Air JMC8127DD Microwave Oven
Sep 25, 2017 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!