Question about Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2015 | Sharp Televison & Video
Sep 03, 2015 | Televison & Video
Jul 28, 2015 | Sharp Televison & Video
Feb 15, 2013 | Keurig B60 Coffee Maker
Dec 30, 2009 | Akai PT5598HD 55" Rear Projection...
Dec 02, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: