Question about Honda Karcher G2400HH-R Pressure Washer
This is a relatively easy SELF correction process. Mind you a pool is FRESH water.
1. Drain all gas by remove the hose that connects to carb and completly drain the gas tank. (If there is an in line fuel filter or glass debris bowl, change filter / empty bowl.
2. Remove float bowl nut and bowl and purge water. Spray carb with carb cleaner while float bowl is removed. Paying particular attention to the float bowl nut thread area (throat)
3. Drain Oil. AFTER step 5.
4. Pressure Pump oil should be fine as it is not vented. (depending on pump installed but none of them are vented.
5. Remove spark plug and put about 1 ounce gas directly into the cylinder IGN OFF! Pull recoil and let gas exit spark plug hole. Reinstall a NEW spark plug BPR5ES or similar
6. Service engine oil
7. Fan dry the unit over night. Simple floor fan will do. Leave the gas cap OFF / float bowl open overnight during Fan Air dry.
8. Next morning service gas tank
9. Select fuel on and let a small amout of gas leak before installing the float bowl and nut making sure the float bowl gsket is installed against the top of the float bowl.
Final testing time... Ign. on.. Test spark first. Spark check good. FUEL ON. Start.
Just make sure to change oil again in 10 hours. Water in oil will cause the oil to appear milky.
You can do this. Worst case the electronic ignition module fails. (They are cheap... !) Most of the time the coil will not need to be changed.
That is water de-contamination 101 and you just completed the course. Give it your best shot. It beats buying a new one and yes it is worth repairing.
Thanks for choosing FixYa.
P.S. Oil the TIRE / WHEEL bearings.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2015 | Pool & Spa
Jun 17, 2011 | Raypak RP2100 DIGITAL POOL HEATER R206...
Dec 27, 2009 | Nikon COOLPIX S570 Digital Camera
Jul 21, 2009 | Frigidaire FWS1339A Top Load Washer
Jan 24, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A590 IS Digital Camera
Aug 01, 2008 | Frigidaire FEX831CS Top Load Stacked...
Dec 23, 2007 | ViewSonic VA721 17" LCD Monitor
634 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: