Question about Magellan Roadmate 760 GPS Receiver
Is there any way to get past the BSOD when the 760 looses connection with the PC during software update 6 which is a firm ware and map update?
I can get the BSOD at power up (when I try to perform the software update again). I can only get rid or it when I remove the AC adapter. The power switch will not turn the unit off.
Most likely the hard disk was corrupted while upgrading. First thing, download the latest software to your PC. Next try these steps:
- To be safe, insert a CF card (compact flash card) into the Roadmate and turn it on.
- Once it's booted up, turn it off and remove the CF card (all of your saved addresses, etc will be backed up on the card automatically)...these actually don't appear to be saved on the hard disk...they must be saved to flash memory internally, but it never hurts to back it all up and save a lot of typing later!)
This is provided you can get it to boot up..If you cant, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your PC
- Turn on the Roadmate
- Plug the USB cable into the computer, then the Roadmate
- Double Click on My Computer, and then double click on the drive which is the Roadmate (Removable Disk). You should see the files on the Roadmate. Highlight everything and delete it. Say Yes to All Read Only files.
- Once everything is deleted, hit back and right click on the drive letter.
- Select Properties, Tools, and Click on Check Now. Check both boxes...this will correct any problems on the disk in the Roadmate.
- Finally, when it's finished, close the My Computer window, and run the upgrade software. Follow the on-screen instructions to load the upgrade onto the Roadmate.
- When it's done, you should be all set...your user info will still be there...all of your saved addresses etc...but if they aren't, put in the CF card, turn the Roadmate on and navigate to the backup/restore menu under Diagnostics...choose restore...turn the Roadmate off and remove the CF card. (provided you were able to make a backup). Restart and you should be all set.
If you have difficulty with the download, use the original software disk that came with your device. Make sure you have the authorization code as well...
Posted on May 14, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2010 | Magellan Roadmate 760 GPS Receiver
Aug 02, 2010 | Magellan Roadmate 760 GPS Receiver
Nov 09, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 30, 2009 | Magellan GPS
Jan 29, 2008 | Magellan Roadmate 760 GPS Receiver
Jun 28, 2014 | Magellan Roadmate 760 GPS Receiver
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!