Question about KitchenAid Architect Series KEMC308KSS Electric Double Oven
I replaced the torsion springs in the microwave door, and it is still loose and has no tension. What did I do wrong?
Model # KEMC378KSS0
I just replaced torsion spring 4452396 on my microwave. We heard a "pop" and then the door got heavy. here are a couple things I learned...THE HARD WAY!
We had the stainless steel front to the door and needed spring 4452396, not 4451008. The stainless steel door is heavier so therefore a stiffer spring. I'm not sure i could justify the 4x cost in the part...but that's just the way it is. It's a bit of a pain to repair the thing..so it's worth it to get the correct spring. You don't wan to be doing this every couple of of months!
You have to remove the front panel of the door to access the springs. there are 2 of them...they cross each other in an "x" pattern on the lower part of the door. We had to pull the unit out a bit to get the spring in the hole for correct position. No need to remove the door etc. If you need help with this...email me.
My mistake was when I was trying to figure out how to gain access to the springs I assumed you did from the inside of the door. I removed the two black things you see on the lower right/left of the door (screw on the bottom of them) then proceeded to remove the two recessed screws on the inside top corners of the door. Well next thing i know.....CRASH! the whole front of the door fell off and shattered! Come to find out those screws and brackets on the bottom hold the face of the door on. The glass is intergrated into the color panel of the door..so it's one piece! 150.00 later and a new piece of glass/panel i learned a hard lesson.
Let me know if you need help...it's fairly easy to do now that I look back on it. dave firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Jan 09, 2010
Has anyone figured out how to replace the torsion springs parts 4451009 ad 4452395 Kitchen Aid Superba Microwave?
Posted on Jun 22, 2010
Did you get the right springs for the Stainless steel door
part # 4452396 for stainless steel
part # 4452295
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
We were told that the one part would work for the stainless steel door as well as the white. We ordered it and it worked fine. My husband was not happy with the tension of the door, but it seems OK to me.
Posted on Nov 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2015 | KitchenAid Kitchen Aid 30 In. Stainless...
Feb 16, 2015 | Ovens
Jan 08, 2015 | KitchenAid Architect Series KEMC308KSS...
Jun 30, 2010 | Neff B4540 Stainless Steel Electric Single...
1) Turn off power to the unit
2) Open the lower oven door
3) Remove the side trim screws and pull the trims down and out.
4) Remove 2 screws on the sides of the control panel.
5) Open the Microwave door. Remove the 3 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the microwave. You can then remove the Air Vent Cover by pushing the control panel up and pull out slightly at the bottom.
6) Remove the 4 screws on the Air Vent Plastic Cover on top of the lower oven and remove the Air Vent Cover. (You may have to remove the left under side bracket of the Microwave door temporarily just for the Air Vent Cover to clear the screw of the bracket. Re-secure the side bracket of the Microwave door panel as the front panel may fall)
7) Remove the 2 screws which held the Microwave unit in place behind the Air Vent Cover on step 6.
8) Wiggle the Microwave unit out about half way to expose the light bulb unit on top center
9) Wiring to the Control Panel will prevent you from pulling the Microwave unit out any further. And you don't want to do that as the unit may fall. Space is cramped, but working carefully with your fingers or pliers you should be able to release the springs which held down the light bulb unit and change the bulb.
Feb 14, 2010 | KitchenAid KEMC378KSS Electric Double Oven
Dec 21, 2009 | Thermador SC302T Electric Double Oven
Sep 15, 2009 | KitchenAid KEBC107 Electric Single Oven
May 23, 2008 | KitchenAid KEMC308 Electric Double Oven
Aug 23, 2007 | KitchenAid KEHC379 Electric Double Oven
5,116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: