Camera wobn't turn on & lens stuck in out position
I was using my camera the other night with fully charged batteries, suddenly it turned off with the lens stuck in the outward position. Now absolutely nothing will work. Camera will not turn on, lens won't go back in, nothing happens no matter what I do. Tried recharging my batteries and using brand new different batteries, and nothing works.
I've never seen this happen before. Usually when it turns off, the lens goes in at least.
Re: Camera wobn't turn on & lens stuck in out position
Apparently the problem with my camera shutting down and the lens staying out, was the rechargeable batteries I was using. They basically lkicked the bucket, and were no longer working., I bought a new set of lithium batteries and the camera is working fine now.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there,There are a few things we can try/check here! 1.Turn the camera OFF. Remove the battery and clean the contacts (shiney metal strips) on the battery.2. Remove the lens and clean the lens contacts.3. If you have a body cap, put it on the camera (no lens, just to keep dust out right now).4. Reinstall the fully charged battery and turn on the camera. It should start up. If so, turn it back off and reinstall the lens. Also, be sure to check all the doors/hinges on the body. These are found on the battery and the memory card. They have electrical contacts on them that need be to be fully closed. If possible, try a different battery (a friends, or take it to your friendly neighbourhood camera shop). Hope it turns back on!
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. turn on camera and see.if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine . Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec .. in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
i hope it will gives you success. Thanks & Before you leave, if you have found my information helpful and if you haven't already done so then please press the ACCEPT button, this is how I am paid for helping you today. POSITIVE feedback & bonus is appreciated
If no power on the camera:
Here are the steps:
1. Make sure you will install a new or fully charged battery/batteries into your camera. Please use lithium batteries Ni-Mh or rechargeable Batteries (2000 M.Amp or higher).
2. Clean the battery contacts.
a. Remove the battery/batteries and the memory card from your camera, then wipe the battery contacts with a soft, clean cloth.
b. Reinstall the battery/batteries into your camera
3. Turn on your camera without the memory card.
If there is power on the camera, bnut the lens is stuck:
This is a lens error. KODAK suggests a repair for this fault.
However due to spare part shortage this model is no longer repaired. Instead KODAK offers a trade up option where you will have the opportunity to trade up to a newer model 25-30% cheaper than the market price.
If the lens doesn't retract on most digital camera the camera also will not turn ON. It is connection or wiring between camera power and camera lens.
What Kodak Rep will ask you to do are: 1. Remove the battery and the memory card of the camera 2. Check if your using a recommended battery and if its new or fully charge. batteries for Z1275 are Ni-MH rechargeable; CRV3 Lithium; 2AA Lithium 3. Insert the batteries back in the camera in correctly 4. Set the camera in Auto mode (its the camera icon on the dialing mode of the camera) 5. Try to turn it ON
If still will not turn ON and the lens will not retract 6. If your using a rechargeable battery Kodak Rep will ask you to charge the battery until its fully charge.
If your using a disposable battery they will ask you to try to use a new battery out from the box. After all those steps still the camera failed to work, it will be send for repair. The number of the Kodak support line is 1 800 235 6325 (23KODAK)